[Xymon] *.sh links download, not display

J.C. Cleaver cleaver at terabithia.org
Wed Mar 4 20:13:20 CET 2015

On Wed, March 4, 2015 10:41 am, Jaime Kikpole wrote:
> Sorry, but this wasn't a xymon issue after all.  For Apache, my httpd.conf
> had the mod_cgi line commented out.  I have no idea why, but once I
> uncommented it and restarted Apache this issue no longer existed.
>
> Thanks for your patience.  Hopefully my experience will save someone else
> from banging their head against a wall.
>
> --
> Jaime Kikpole
> Network Administrator
> Cairo-Durham Central School District
>
> Technical Support:
> help at cairodurham.org
> go.cairodurham.org/techtips
>
> --

Jaime,

No problem, that's what we're here for. This was actually a fairly common
issue a while back, as the equivalent of "AddHandler cgi-script .sh"
sometimes needed to be added, depending on how the distro configured
apache by default and where people put things.

The opposite problem occasionally happened too where the HTML man pages
for .cgi's would attempt to be executed instead of sent.

Regards,

-jc