[Xymon] Need xymon client for solaris.

Andy Smith abs at shadymint.com
Sat Jun 27 12:43:19 CEST 2015

Andersson Tomas wrote:
> Hi and greetings all xymon fellowers ! ,
>

> I am in need of  an executable Xymon client for:
>
> *SunOS enterprise 5.10 Generic_147440-19 sun4v sparc sun4v***
>
> *cat /etc/release*
>
> *                   Oracle Solaris 10 8/11 s10s_u10wos_17b SPARC*
>
> *  Copyright (c) 1983, 2011, Oracle and/or its affiliates. All rights
> reserved.*
>
> *                            Assembled 23 August 2011***
>

> As we suddenly got a couple of solaris servers to monitor …
>
> We currently monitor HPUX AIX RedHat SuSE BSD Windows in our environment
>  but I would really appreciate a ready to install client for  Solaris.

I have something I can share, but be aware, our build environment is
tailored to keep xymon isolated from the OS and any other applications
on the server and comes with all its dependencies satisfied, delivered
as a tar archive intended to be extracted under /apps.  Also, we
distribute the client with xymonnet, xymonping and xymonproxy binaries
so dependencies include SSL, LDAP etc and consequently could be viewed
as a bit heavy, needing 250MB in /apps initially but this could be
stripped down post-install.

Let me know if this is of interest and I will make the compressed
archive of the client (69MB) available.
--
Andy