[Xymon] Bug or feature?

Becker Christian christian.becker at rhein-zeitung.net
Fri Jun 5 09:46:14 CEST 2015

Hello everybody,

i want to know if the following is a bug or a feature:

I have a client (Ubuntu 9.10) running Xymon 4.3.7, reporting it's results to our Xymon server running Xymon 4.3.11.

The client has a script in /opt/xymon/ext that is beeing kicked off  once a working day in the week at 04:45 am. This is configured by a CRONDATE statement in clientlaunch.cfg.
The script is reporting it's result to the Xymon server using a status lifetime of 1d (status +1d).
The above is working.

Now we had the situation, that this test has gone to status "red". The problem behind that wasn't a real problem, it was due to a bank holiday and not a real problem.
Nevertheless I have disabled this particular test until 5 minutes beyond the next run-time of that test; it has been disabled until 4:50 am of the next day.

When I checked this the next day at 08:30h, this test still was at "blue" (disabled) - I expected, that this should either be "green" or any other than "blue".
When I clicked into that test I could see, that "inside" it showed the "new" test result as "green", but the test page was "blue".

Hope my explanation of the situation is a bit understandeable.....

Is the above a bug? Or did I do something wrong?

Greetings
Christian

Christian Becker
IT-Services

Christian.Becker at rhein-zeitung.net<mailto:Christian.Becker at rhein-zeitung.net>
Mittelrhein-Verlag GmbH
August-Horch-Straße 28
D-56070 Koblenz
Verleger und Geschäftsführer: Walterpeter Twer
Reg.-Gericht Koblenz HRB 121
Finanzamt Koblenz Str.Nr. 22 65 10 285 2
www.rhein-zeitung.de<http://www.rhein-zeitung.de/>