[Xymon] Xymon notification.log shows alerts been genereate but not send on mail or sms ( mail and sms service are working fin)

Root, Paul T Paul.Root at CenturyLink.com
Tue Jun 2 16:09:50 CEST 2015

I would guess it is the mail agent that is complaining about a bad email address.

From: Xymon [mailto:xymon-bounces at xymon.com] On Behalf Of Jeremy Laidman
Sent: Monday, June 01, 2015 10:15 PM
To: Jesper Jensen
Cc: xymon at xymon.com
Subject: Re: [Xymon] Xymon notification.log shows alerts been genereate but not send on mail or sms ( mail and sms service are working fin)

On 1 June 2015 at 20:45, Jesper Jensen <jje at fynbus.dk<mailto:jje at fynbus.dk>> wrote:
We can see in the log: /var/log/xymon/alerts.log an error we have not seen before:

Bad address
Bad address
Bad address
Bad address
Bad address – anyone seen this before?

The source code doesn't have this string anywhere.  Perhaps it's an ext script that is causing this?  A quick google suggests that SQL_feed.pl might be a candidate.
Cheers
Jeremy
This communication is the property of CenturyLink and may contain confidential or privileged information. Unauthorized use of this communication is strictly prohibited and may be unlawful. If you have received this communication in error, please immediately notify the sender by reply e-mail and destroy all copies of the communication and any attachments.