[Xymon] Xymon notification.log shows alerts been genereate but not send on mail or sms ( mail and sms service are working fin)

Jesper Jensen jje at fynbus.dk
Mon Jun 1 12:45:13 CEST 2015

Hello

We are running a Centos 5.11 final with Xymon 4.3.21.

The problem we have is that SMS and mail alerts are not getting forward when generated.
We have investigated logs in the location: /var/log/xymon/

Alerts are been generate and registered in: notifications.log

Ex. : (server name and mail addresses has been changed in below example)

Mon Jun  1 09:08:04 2015 servername.domain.local.disk (10.2.64.95) xx at xx.dk[262] 1433142484 100
Mon Jun  1 09:08:04 2015 servername.domain.local.disk (10.2.64.95) xx at xx.dk[263] 1433142484 100
Mon Jun  1 09:19:19 2015 servername.domain.local.msgs (10.2.64.71) xx at xx.dk[262] 1433143159 400

We can see in the log: /var/log/xymon/alerts.log an error we have not seen before:

Bad address
Bad address
Bad address
Bad address
Bad address - anyone seen this before?

So we went through the /home/xymon/server/etc/hosts.cfg & alerts.cfg, looking for any syntax error, bad mail addresses :) and did also out comment most of the lines in hosts.cfg file but still getting this error and no mail alerts are send from the server?

I looked in the Xymon man pages for making a dump trace and debug with ./xymoncmd xymond_alerts but is not giving me any clues where this is going wrong?

Postfix mail server,  sendmail and SMS service are working fin on the box. Any input would be appreciated.

Thank in advance

/Jesper Jensen