[Xymon] Core File Alerts Problem

Root, Paul T Paul.Root at CenturyLink.com
Wed Jul 29 16:54:24 CEST 2015

I think you want /var/core/core.* in the client-local.cfg

It's regex not just wildcard, so you need the . to stand for anything and * is 1 or more.

This is what I have:

analysis.cfg:   FILE %^/core.* YELLOW NOEXIST
client-local.cfg:file:`ls /core.*`

-----Original Message-----
From: Xymon [mailto:xymon-bounces at xymon.com] On Behalf Of Nick Pettefar
Sent: Wednesday, July 29, 2015 9:27 AM
To: xymon
Subject: [Xymon] Core File Alerts Problem

We are using Xymon 4.3.10 to monitor Solaris hosts, mostly Solaris 10.

We want to have a Yellow alert when we get a core dump file in
/var/core and a Green diamond when there isn't one.  Currently the
behaviour is erratic with either a white face or a green diamond if
there is a core file and a grey square if there isn't one.  We have
the following in our client-local.cfg file on the Xymon server:

  [sunos]
  file:`ls /var/core/core*`

and this in the analysis.cfg file for each relevant server:

  FILE %^/var/core/core.* NOEXIST yellow

but it obviously doesn't work!

Regards,

Nick Pettefar