[Xymon] Migrating Existing Disabled Tests When Migrating Xymon to New Server?

Matt Vander Werf mvanderw at nd.edu
Tue Jul 28 15:18:54 CEST 2015

Hello,

We are in the process of preparing to migrate our existing/current Xymon
server (running 4.3.10 from source on RHEL 5) onto a new Xymon server
(running 4.3.21-4.el7.terabithia from Terabithia RPM on RHEL 7). I was able
to find some really helpful and great stuff in the list archives regarding
migrating tips and just general help in getting the new server set up, and
I greatly appreciate all of that!!

However, I was wondering if there was a way to migrate existing Disabled
tests' statuses/info (i.e. we have X machine currently disabled for XYZ
tests until some date or for a certain amount of time, Y machine disabled
for YZ tests for Z amount of time, etc., etc.) from our current Xymon
server to our new Xymon server, so I won't have to disable all the tests on
the new Xymon server by hand after the migration is complete? While
possible to put them in all by hand, I'd rather not have to if there is way
to migrate that info over! ;)

Is this possible to do? Or will I have to just put in the disabled tests by
hand?

I wasn't able to really find much in the list archives that really fully
answers my question. I did find this in the list archives:
http://lists.xymon.com/archive/2005-November/004600.html, which looks like
it could be of use (even though I'm not migrating from BB). However, it
looks like my disabled directory in the Xymon data directory on our current
Xymon server is completely empty, even though we have quite a few disabled
tests in place on the system. (Is this normal?)
Is there by chance another place where the disabled tests info might be
located on disk? Or is there a way to grab all the current disabled tests
info and put that info into one of more files on disk for use with the
attached script in the above archived message link?

Any guidance or assistance is greatly appreciated!!

Thanks in advance!!

--
Matt Vander Werf