[Xymon] All Xymon rrd graphs suddenly haywire

Jeremy Laidman jlaidman at rebel-it.com.au
Wed Jul 8 03:14:41 CEST 2015

On 7 July 2015 at 22:13, Steve B <rectifier at gmail.com> wrote:

> ds[pct].min = 0.0000000000e+00
> ds[pct].max = 1.0000000000e+02
> ds[pct].last_ds = "89"
> ds[pct].value = 7.9210000000e+03

Well, this is interesting.  The "max" is set at 100%, but rrdtool accepted
a value of 7921%.

I've had this happen in the past, but haven't found the cause.  I ended up
doing an xport/edit/restore on each RRD file affected.  However, it's only
happened here and there.  I've never seen a widespread problem across lots
of graphs all at the same time.  My first thought was a counter-wrap
problem, but as I recall, I quickly eliminated that as a possible cause.

Are all affected graphs of type GAUGE?