[Xymon] Xymon client doesn't clean up all of its children

Mark Felder feld at feld.me
Thu Feb 26 19:14:22 CET 2015

~~ I can't verify on other OSes right now, so I'm hoping someone can
chime in ~~

On FreeBSD when I stop the Xymon client process it doesn't clean up all
of its children. Primarily you'll find that the vmstat command is not
sent a signal and continues to run ... indefinitely?

As a result, restarting the Xymon client leaves vmstat processes around
that really should not be there. I'm working around this right now, but
is it possible this is being seen on other platforms and it's a bug in
the client shutdown code?

Thanks!