[Xymon] rrd logs and graphs

John Thurston john.thurston at alaska.gov
Tue Feb 24 18:51:35 CET 2015

On 2/23/2015 8:46 PM, Vernon Everett wrote:
> I am getting those sporadic .rrd files in spades. :-(
> Sometimes, only a single data point in the file. But enough files, and
> your graphs start to look like crap.
>
> Tomorrow I am off to a client where it's happening all the time.
> What can I send you to assist with investigating?

I was looking through my rrd notes. Back in August and September of 2014
I was chasing an RRD failure. While trying to find the cause, I enabled
the --debug option on the rrd daemon which caused the daemon to core dump.

http://lists.xymon.com/archive/2014-August/040113.html

So be careful what steps you take to chase down your problems. You may
make them worse :)

John Thurston    907-465-8591
John.Thurston at alaska.gov
Enterprise Technology Services