[Xymon] xymon hobbitd_alert --test errors query

Jeremy Laidman jlaidman at rebel-it.com.au
Fri Feb 13 03:01:01 CET 2015

On 6 February 2015 at 21:09, Ian Diddams <didds3 at yahoo.co.uk> wrote:

> # catch all disk
> HOST=* SERVICE=disk TIME=w:1830:2359,$CFG_WHEN:0800:2359 COLOR=red
> MAIL <email address redacted> DURATION>60 REPEAT=15
> MAIL <pager email redacted> DURATION>60 REPEAT=15 FORMAT=SMS

The log suggests that the parser is treating the "MAIL" recipient lines as
if they were "HOST" rule lines.  Although I can't find documentation to
support me, I think the recipient lines need to be indented, and certainly
the examples in the alerts.cfg file I have here, all have the recipient
lines indented.  It couldn't hurt to try.

Cheers
Jeremy