[Xymon] using hobbitdxboard in xymon client

Jeremy Laidman jlaidman at rebel-it.com.au
Wed Feb 11 04:40:56 CET 2015

On 11 February 2015 at 03:47, Anoop Mohan <anoopw14 at gmail.com> wrote:

> When I run the below command in xymon server, It works fine.
> */usr/local/xymon/client/bin/xymon xymon_server "hobbitdxboard
> host=hostname test=testname" *
> But when I try to use the same command in a machine where xymon client is
> installed, its not retrieving any data.

Check that it works without specifying the hostname and see if you get
something.  Make sure it's a test that you know exists, such as "conn":

*/usr/local/xymon/client/bin/xymon xymon_server "hobbitdxboard test=conn"*

Is it only the XML output that fails?  Have you tried it with
"hobbitdboard" instead?  Perhaps try a different command such as hostinfo:

*/usr/local/xymon/client/bin/xymon xymon_server hostinfo*

Are you running it in a xymoncmd environment?  Try running it like so:

/usr/local/xymon/client/bin/xymoncmd sh -c '$XYMON $XYMSRV hostinfo'

Cheers
Jeremy