[Xymon] multiple graphs on same custom script

J.C. Cleaver cleaver at terabithia.org
Thu Feb 5 22:03:12 CET 2015

On Wed, February 4, 2015 1:45 pm, Sheel Shah wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I have a custom script that generates several pieces of data, which are
> being collected perfectly in their respective RRD files. The issue I have
> is that the different data that is collected are drastically different in
> scale to each other, to the point where if I put them on the same
> graphs.cfg configuration, the lesser numbers on the graph stay stagnant at
> the bottom of the scale. With that said, is there a way to have multiple
> graphs for the same column on the xymon homepage? Is it as simple as
> having two definitions with the same heading (as shown below)?

At the moment, that doesn't seem to be something easily done using the
auto TEST2RRD facilities. In the past, I've simulated this by putting the
IMG (and link) to the showgraph.sh image directly into the body of the
status message being submitted. This gives you a bit of control over the
layout as well.

It would certainly be nice to be able to pull this in automatically. There
a number of things that might make RRD processing more flexible, and this
would be one of them.

Regards,

-jc