[Xymon] Installing xymon/apache as a non-root user

LOZOVSKY, DANIEL L dl1025 at att.com
Thu Feb 5 19:12:15 CET 2015

My company changed their policy to not give out root user access on their virtual environments.  I need to install both apache, xymon and all related packages on the virtual environment running RedHat.  The question is has anyone successfully installed xymon and apache as a non-root user that can share instructions of how to do that.  I usually installed xymon and apache with root either manually compiling or using rpm but never as non-root.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.