[Xymon] Possible Bug in Xymon Related to Purple Statuses

Japheth Cleaver cleaver at terabithia.org
Thu Dec 3 20:40:24 CET 2015

On 12/3/2015 9:59 AM, Matt Vander Werf wrote:
> Ah, okay. That makes sense! I guess I was thinking that this only
> happened with other network tests and not the normal tests as well,
> but that appears to be a different setting. I must have misread or
> missed the noclear option when I was looking through the documentation....
>
> I think maybe this should be documented better...something like if you
> use noping then you should also use noclear if you want purple
> statuses. But that's just my thinking...

Agreed. This should probably be documented a little better. IIRC it's
automatic for the old dialup-type configs.

Longer term, there was a TODO item for making conn/disable
clear/dependency checking something that can happen centrally at the
xymond level across the board.

Right now, the effects of a server being 'conn' down are distributed
among both xymonnet (dependency checking to suppress related 'red' TCP
checks into 'clear') and xymond (stale xymond_client-derived (or other)
tests going 'clear' instead of purple).

It'd seem to make sense to make a 'conn' loss (as well as a 'disable
<host>.*') a core host flag with central effects.

-jc