[Xymon] issues with new install

J.C. Cleaver cleaver at terabithia.org
Tue Dec 1 22:00:31 CET 2015

On Tue, December 1, 2015 8:04 am, Michael Resnick wrote:
> xymon server itself is fine. All the other servers are tests with conn
> only, with just 2 havingxymon client and 6 running rclient.
> none of the servers have a full set of columns except the xymon
> server.rclient log shows successfully completed 6 servers and the
> clientlog looks good.
> I may try rolling back to 4.3.21 or earlier. The last I used at my
> previous job was 4.3.11
> It is a pain to install , since I have no Internet access in this
> environment.

Can you edit tasks.cfg to run "xymond_client" (in the [clientdata]
section) in --debug mode and see if you see data for these clients?

Also, can you confirm that the non-xymonserver client (the "non-rclient"
one) is working OK and you're getting status messages for?

It seems like either a well-formed client message isn't making its way in
in the first place, or xymond_client isn't properly processing it back
into xymond. Either way, we should be able to see some evidence (or not)
in the xymond_client logs as the clientlog injections occur.

HTH,
-jc