[Xymon] Xymon Digest, Vol 55, Issue 21

Tue Aug 25 13:05:11 CEST 2015

On 25/08/15 20:35, Greg Earle wrote:
>> On Aug 25, 2015, at 1:13 PM, Jeremy Laidman wrote:
>>
>> You might be right that the message is being clipped.  If so, you should
>> see Xymon log messages to that effect.
> Thanks Jeremy, where in the logs exactly?  Do I grep for "clipped"?  :-)
>
>> Perhaps add the IGNORE clause to the client-local.cfg message instead.
>> This will cause the messages to be dropped at the client side.  Not only
>> can you forget about these messages on the Xymon server, but also you're
>> less likely to have a clipped message.  Like so:
>>
>> [sunos]
>> log:/var/adm/messages:10240
>> ignore refused connect from itsecurity-scanner.my.do.main
> Excellent idea - hadn't thought of th... wait, hang on.  The only place I
> have a "client-local.cfg" file is on my *server*, not on any of my clients.

Ummm, actually this file is only supposed to exist on the server, and
when the client connects to report the status, it will also download a
copy of it's (section) of the file and apply that for future status updates.

Note: I forget the details, but it can take 15 minutes (3 cycles) before
you will see the changes applied/working.

Regards,
Adam

--
Adam Goryachev