[Xymon] Getting "ATT0001.bin" attachments sometimes -- MAILC fix is already in place

Shawn Heisey hobbit at elyograg.org
Thu Aug 13 00:17:10 CEST 2015

On 8/12/2015 2:18 PM, Ribeiro, Glauber wrote:
> I just saw that you used single quotes and double escapes
>
> tr -d '\\001\\004\\015'
>
> I think you need
>
> tr -d '\001\004\015' or
> tr -d "\\001\\004\\015"
>
> (and restart xymon after making the change)

I did nearly the same thing found here, except I provided multiple
characters:

http://lists.xymon.com/archive/2013-March/037159.html

Now I have set it like this, I will try it.

MAILC="tr -d \"\\001\\004\\015\" | mail"

Note that running the following command while logged into the same
machine over ssh strips out those three characters:

cat bad-characters | tr -d '\001\004\015' > filtered

The double backslashes in the xymon config weren't my idea (it was
suggested by the email thread I found), and I also tried it with single
backslashes.

The xymon service was restarted after every change.

Thanks,
Shawn