[Xymon] Acknowledgements Report - No events acked in last 0 minutes

Andy Smith abs at shadymint.com
Fri Apr 24 16:30:12 CEST 2015

Steve B wrote:
> It is acknowledge.log, made a mistake in my reply.
> We are on Red Hat Enterprise Linux Server release 5.3
>
> One thing we have noticed (and perhaps related to this issue) is that
> acknowledgements.sh is expecting a certain format for the ack logs and
> it simply doesn't match
>
>  From the code, we see it is supposed to look like this:
>
> "2015-03-07 18:17:03 myserver disk andy 1 1425724570 1425752223
> 1425838623 testing message"
>

> whereas in our acknowledge.log, we see
>
> "1429794310      932040  1440    932040  np_filename_not_used
> host.msgs   yellow  Jobs reconfigured \nAcked by: user (127.0.0.1)"
>

> Not the same amount of fields and using epoch time.
>

> Any ideas?
>

> Cheers

> On Thu, Apr 23, 2015 at 8:16 PM, Andy Smith <abs at shadymint.com
> <mailto:abs at shadymint.com>> wrote:
>
>     Steve B wrote:
>
>         Thanks for the reply Andy.
>
>         Unfortunately, no change. Note that I did (and still do) have a
>         working acknowledgement.log before, just the report is not
>         yielding any data and seems to have an issue with a timestamp.
>
>         On Wed, Apr 22, 2015 at 9:34 PM, Andy Smith <abs at shadymint.com
>         <mailto:abs at shadymint.com> <mailto:abs at shadymint.com
>         <mailto:abs at shadymint.com>>> wrote:
>
>             Steve B wrote:
>
>                 Is the Acknowledgements Report working at the moment? I
>         saw it
>                 was a new feature of 4.3.19.
>                 We have recently upgraded from Hobbit (2009) to Xymon
>         4.3.19.
>
>                 When I click on Acknowledgements report and select
>         today, this
>                 week or this month for example, it goes to a blank page and
>                 always says :
>
>                 No events acknowledged in the last 0 minutes.
>
>                 Any ideas?
>
>                 thanks
>

>             Steve,
>
>             I cannot find where I read this, but in my tasks.cfg for the
>         startup
>             CMD for xymond, I think I had to add :-
>
>             --ack-log=$XYMONSERVERLOGS/acknowledge.log
>
>             if I didnt do this, the acks were not written to the log, even
>             though an empty log exists.
>             --     Andy
>

>     acknowledgement.log or acknowledge.log??  I see it is hardcoded to
>     acknowledge.log (xymon-4.3.19/lib/acklog.c).  What platform is this
>     on?  I have it working on Solaris 8, Solaris 10, RedHAT ES5 and
>     RedHAT ES6.
>     --
>     Andy

The acks that are being reported are just those that are generated from
the critical systems view xymon-cgi/criticalview.sh.  The acks that you
see are generated by xymon-seccgi/acknowledge.sh.  Now I think I
understand why this report never existed before :-)

@JC, should the log format be aligned from these 2 modules or should the
report do its best to cope with both?
--
Andy