[Xymon] HTTPS tests fails when TLS 1.1 and 1.2 only is enabled

Mark Felder feld at feld.me
Tue Apr 14 17:55:03 CEST 2015

On Tue, Apr 14, 2015, at 10:51, Dito wrote:
> yeah I didn't realize I was that behind, I took over this box and it's
> Centos 5.11
> I have 2 more versions to upgrade

I'm not certain CentOS 5.x has a new enough OpenSSL available. It
appears CentOS 6.6 may be sufficient:

$ openssl version
OpenSSL 1.0.1e-fips 11 Feb 2013
$ cat /etc/redhat-release
Red Hat Enterprise Linux Server release 6.6 (Santiago)

I would also advise you to be very careful if you consider manually
adding OpenSSL 1.0.1+ to your system to solve this. Multiple OpenSSL
versions on an OS is very problematic; things will either start breaking
silently or very loudly.