[Xymon] xymon client message STATUSLIFETIME?

Werner Maier werner at maiers.de
Mon Apr 13 17:09:49 CEST 2015

Hi,

I have the following problem:

I want to monitor the client data of a machine that is only up
once a day.

the machine gets waked up w/ wakeonlan, takes an rsnapshost of other
servers, and shuts down again. (no need to be up 24/7 with 8 2 TB HDDs,
raidcontroller)...

I know about the normal xymon status+LIFETIME protocol.
but I don't see where or how to configure that client to send
a LIFETIME with the "xymonclient.sh" - it uses the
"client" protocol.

how do I set the validity for these tests to 24h+ ?
(1600 minutes should be ok).

thanks in advance.

Werner
--