[Xymon] Red alert delay.

Phil Crooker Phil.Crooker at orix.com.au
Thu Apr 9 08:55:14 CEST 2015

Ah, understand now. Have a look at the host.cfg man page:

delayred=STATUSCOLUMN:DELAY[,STATUSCOLUMN:DELAY...]
Usually, status changes happen immediately. This tag is used to defer an update to red for the STATUSCOLUMN status for DELAY minutes. E.g. with delayred=disk:10,cpu:30, a red disk-status will not appear on the Xymon webpages until it has been red for at least 10 minutes. Note: Since most tests only execute once every 5 minutes, it will usually not make sense to set N to anything but a multiple of 5. The exception is network tests, since xymonnet-again.sh<https://www.xymon.com/help/manpages/man1/xymonnet-again.sh.1.html>(1) will re-run failed network tests once a minute for up to 30 minutes.

However, this probably isn't what you want either as I assume you are querying the status directly via xymon. Your script can use the xymon xymondlog message (see the man page on xymon), the first line returned has the status times in Unix seconds:

# xymon 127.0.0.1 "xymondlog hostname.com.cpu"
hostname.com|cpu|green||1428554585|1428561954|1428563754|0|0|10.9.8.7||||Y|

You can pick out the lastchange column and calculate if it has been 15 mins.

cheers, Phil<mailto:FirstName.LastName at orix.com.au>