[Xymon] Is there a reason why the httpstatus test is case sensitive?

John Thurston john.thurston at alaska.gov
Wed Apr 1 19:07:56 CEST 2015

Yesterday, I crashed xymonnet by doing a copy/paste into an httpstatus
test. I eventually figured out what was wrong.

This syntax is good:
   0.0.0.0  foo.com   # httpstatus;http://foo.com/index.html;401
This syntax is bad:
   0.0.0.0  foo.com   # httpstatus;HTTP://foo.com/index.html;401

The man page for hosts.cfg doesn't say anything about required or
supported casing. Is there some reason why xymonnet shouldn't be able to
handle mixed-case protocol names in the URLs provided?

John Thurston    907-465-8591
John.Thurston at alaska.gov
Enterprise Technology Services
Department of Administration