[Xymon] Different Timeouts for different tests?

Wilcox, Theodore A -FS tawilcox at fs.fed.us
Mon Sep 29 22:45:19 CEST 2014

We have hosts that we want to have a short timeout for the tests.  However, this doesn't work well with http tests because many web sites take longer to reply.

We set the timeout to 1 second.  We have started to get red statuses for http tests where the web site is working just fine, but a little slow.  Is there any way to use separate timeouts for different tests?  Also, the status of these sites is Red on the Main page or the AllNonGreen page, but if we drill down and look at the test for that host, it shows as green.  I am interpreting this as the timeout causes the test to be given a status of red, but the site eventually responds, so the status for the host is green.  This is a little confusing.

Ted