[Xymon] test ssh domain name instead of IP

Kris Springer kspringer at innovateteam.com
Tue Sep 16 21:54:29 CEST 2014

Anyone know how to test ssh using a domain name instead of an IP? I'm
using the rclient and monitoring NAS devices that are remote and behind
port forwarded DHCP home routers that have DDNS names so I have 0.0.0.0
for the host IP's in the hosts.cfg file.  I just want to test ssh to the
DDNS name, not the IP.  The NAS host line in my hosts.cfg is not using a
FQDN as the hostname because that gets checked as a separate host.
Here's a sample of what I have in my hosts.cfg file.

0.0.0.0         myrouter.myddns.net     # trace
0.0.0.0         NAS                 # noconn ssh "RCLIENT:cmd(ssh -T -i
/home/xymon/.ssh/xymon-rclient root at myrouter.myddns.net),ostype(linux)"

Signature - Kris

Thank you.

Kris Springer