[Xymon] Where to put client extension state files?

Steve Coile scoile at mcclatchyinteractive.com
Tue Sep 16 20:45:39 CEST 2014

I've written a client extension script that wants to maintain state between
runs, essentially to know where it left off after the last run.  Where is
the "proper" place to keep such state files?  On our install,
~xymon/client/tmp is a symlink to /tmp, which seems like a bad choice.

--

*Steve Coile*Senior Network and Systems Engineer, McClatchy Interactive
<http://www.mcclatchyinteractive.com/>