[Xymon] FreeBSD hobbit client has wrong path to log file

Jeremy Laidman jlaidman at rebel-it.com.au
Tue Sep 9 22:55:02 CEST 2014

On 9 September 2014 23:42, Kris Springer <kspringer at innovateteam.com> wrote:

>  Well my problem is half fixed.  I've set the hostname in
> client-local.cfg on the server and now it's showing the correct log file
> name on the webpage.  The problem now is that it says there's no data in
> the log.  Is the client not sending the data?  This still feels like
> something that needs set on the client side.  How do clients know what file
> is the correct log file to send?

Clients know what file is the correct log file by looking in the file
logfetch.<hostname>.cfg in the tmp directory ($BBTMP).

A common problem is when a logfile is not readable by the xymon user.  On
some of my systems, I create a group called "logread" with the xymon user
in it, and set the logfile to be group-readable by logread.