[Xymon] Purple - STATUSLIFETIME 1000

Jeremy Laidman jlaidman at rebel-it.com.au
Thu Sep 4 08:39:52 CEST 2014

On 4 September 2014 13:47, Ricardo L. <rltexas1 at gmail.com> wrote:

> Ok I'll try adding the m to the 1000 but on the info description to the
> right of that field if said it was in minutes.

Correct.  Many configurable quantities are in seconds and allow specifying
a qualifier like this.  However STATUSLIFETIME is not one of them.  The
code assumes it's an integer value with no qualifier.  If you add an "m" it
will probably ignore the setting.

Now I did not update clientlocal,cfg maybe that is the missing peice. The
> reason I didn't update it was because all is the tests as of now is server
> side only / agent less.

That shouldn't apply to the network tests.

> Where would I specify status+6h?

Only if you have your own scripts that send status messages.  If all you
are doing is using network tests, then those will have the validity as per
STATUSLIFETIME because xymonnet creates the "status+<validity>" as part of
its status message.