monitoring log files

usa ims usaims at yahoo.com
Wed Sep 3 16:53:36 CEST 2014

Greetings, first of all, thank you for answering my questions.

I'm having an issue with xymon 4.3.7 on ubuntu 14.04 with monitoring log files -- it's not reporting to the xymon server -- I want  to report to the xymon server when the word 'Warning' appears in the log file.

I have a  hobbit client that is a MySQL server and the logs resides in /var/lib/mysql/error.log.

On the xymon server in /etc/xymon/client-local.cfg, I configured this:

[xxx.example.com]
log:/var/lib/mysql/error.log:10240
trigger Warning

On the xymon server in the /etc/xymon/localclient.cfg, this is configured

HOST=xxx.example.com
        LOG /var/lib/mysql/error.log Warning COLOR=red

What am I missing, thanks in advance.