[Xymon] Graphing non-NCV data

David Fogarty dave at collegenet.com
Tue Oct 28 23:42:20 CET 2014

Hi everyone,
I'm trying to graph data that is not in NCV format.  I was able to do this
in BB, but I'm having trouble finding documentation on how it's done in
Xymon.  The documentation at "/help/howtograph.html" seems to assume data
is always in NCV format.

Is there a way to parse it as it comes in along with the disk, cpu, and
other tests, or should I be getting data from disk.

If I'm getting it off the disk, does that mean I should enable "bbstatus"
and "hostdata" in hobbitlaunch.cfg?

Is it recommended to run a data collection script as an ext script, or
just straight out of cron.

Am I forgetting something?  Is there documentation out there that I just
failed to find?

FYI, I'm running version 4.3.0~beta2.dfsg-9.1 from Debian 7 (wheezy).

Thanks,
Dave Fogarty

--
Senior System Administrator