[Xymon] Solaris 11 Zones iostat problem

Richard L. Hamilton rlhamil2 at gmail.com
Wed Oct 1 18:46:01 CEST 2014

Don’t know for “best”, but to me the most obvious way is to edit client/bin/xymonclient-sunos.sh, to only run the iostat commands on the global.  Those commands are somewhere around lines 165 and 166.  You might want to see if its only the CPU or only the disk related command that is the problem rather than necessarily both.  Further down, where the files they create are used, that only happens if the files exist; so you only need to make the change around 165-166, not further below too.

An IMO reasonable test if on the global might look like:

if [ -x /usr/bin/zonename ] && [ x”`/usr/bin/zonename`” = x”global” ]
then
#  commands to run only on global
fi

(the x in front of the strings being compared is just paranoia against one of them having a syntactically confusing value, like a dash option or an = sign)