[Xymon] Building a new server - part 2

Roland Soderstrom Rolands at logicaltech.com.au
Sun Nov 30 23:16:42 CET 2014

I had to test this to figure out why I managed to get it going.
Some findings.
I had to uninstall all SMC packages. Xymon configure.server will use some of the SMC libs.
After this no need to mv /usr/ccs/bin/ld and rrdtool will work.

When using opencsw ALL libs and includes NEEDS to be opencsw or it wont work. (unless it’s vanilla solaris libs)
Maybe on option to configure? If specifying --opencsw it will only use libs/includes in /opt/csw

Openssl 1.0 is installed in /usr/sfw with Solaris, we can’t use that.
Openssl will use /usr/sfw openssl (bug in build/ssl.sh? it will use the last one in the for list it finds)

Cares –L is blank in the Makefile as you pointed out.
I think this is a bug in build/c-ares.sh, line 455-456
        echo "CARESLIBS = -L$LIB -lcares" >>Makefile
          echo "RPATHVAL += ${LIB}"          >>Makefile
Should be:
        echo "CARESLIBS = -L$CARESLIB -lcares" >>Makefile
          echo "RPATHVAL += ${CARESLIB}"          >>Makefile

So after installing all opencsw packages and removing all SMC packages, fixing configure.server
I run configure as this:
MAKE=gmake ; ./configure.server --sslinclude /opt/csw/include/openssl --ssllib /opt/csw/lib
Voila no errors or other fixes.

-      Roland