[Xymon] graphs that use multiple RRD files as input

Vernon Everett everett.vernon at gmail.com
Fri Nov 28 08:00:16 CET 2014

Hi Steve

Not sure if it's what you are looking for, but check the GRAPHS= in
xymonserver.cfg
If you have a value, let's call it my_test, it will determine the order in
which they will appear on the trends column.
But you can also define the number of data sets (lines) per graph, by
adding ::X after the entry, where X is number of data sets.
Not sure if it works for the primary test display though.

Regards
Vernon

On 28 November 2014 at 04:49, Steve Brown <sgb at pics.com> wrote:

>  I figured this out.
>

> First in cgioptions.cfg I had to add
>
> CGI_SVC_OPTS=”…
> --multigraphs=,disk,inode,qtree,quotas,snapshot,TblSpace,if_load,DBAreas"
>
> Initially I added just my custom “DBAreas” but that broke the others.  The
> html.c code says if mulitgraphs is blank then put “disk…if_load” as
> defaults but if it isn’t blank then those don’t get loaded so we have to
> basically add them back.
>

> Adding the mods to cgioptions.cfg worked to a degree. It was graphing the
> first 4 of my rrds onto one graph but it was only creating the one graph.
>

> To fix that problem I had to add
>
> <!-- linecount=44-->"
>
> Into the message/text that is sent
>
> Like this
>
> INFO=$INFO\n” <!-- linecount=40 -->”
>
> status $MACHINE.$TEST $COLOR $INFO
>

> Steve

"Accept the challenges so that you can feel the exhilaration of victory"
- General George Patton