[Xymon] Building a new server - part 2

Vernon Everett everett.vernon at gmail.com
Fri Nov 28 03:24:00 CET 2014

Hi Roland

Thanks for the quick response.

I have built Xymon on Solaris many times too, and agree, it should just
work.
I did find something interesting just a minute ago.
Looking through the Makefile, to check what it's looking for, and notices
something odd about the c-ares definitions. See below.
Notice the CARESLIBS has no directory defined after the -L
I changed that to CARESLIBS = -L/opt/csw/lib -lcares
And we moved on.
Only to hit another one.
gcc -g -O2 -Wall -Wno-unused -D_REENTRANT -D_LARGEFILE_SOURCE
-D_FILE_OFFSET_BITS=64 -DSunOS -I/var/tmp/xymon-4.3.17/include
-I/opt/csw/include -I/opt/csw/include -I/opt/csw/include -DRRDTOOL12 -c -o
do_rrd.o do_rrd.c
gcc  -o xymond_rrd  xymond_rrd.o       xymond_worker.o do_rrd.o
client_config.o ../lib/libxymontime.a -lrt ../lib/libxymoncomm.a
-L/usr/sfw/lib -lssl -lcrypto -lresolv -lsocket -lnsl -lrt -L/opt/csw/lib
-lrrd  -L/opt/csw/lib -lpcre
XRenderCreateLinearGradient         /opt/csw/lib/libcairo.so.2
XRenderCreateRadialGradient         /opt/csw/lib/libcairo.so.2
XRenderCreateSolidFill              /opt/csw/lib/libcairo.so.2
ld: fatal: Symbol referencing errors. No output written to xymond_rrd
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
Makefile:62: recipe for target 'xymond_rrd' failed
gmake[1]: *** [xymond_rrd] Error 1
gmake[1]: Leaving directory '/var/tmp/xymon-4.3.17/xymond'
build/Makefile.rules:108: recipe for target 'xymond-build' failed
gmake: *** [xymond-build] Error 2

My next Xymon install will be on Linux!
No exceptions!

--- snip ---

# C-ARES settings
SYSTEMCARES = yes
CARESINCDIR = -I/opt/csw/include
*CARESLIBS = -L -lcares*
RPATHVAL +=

# PCRE settings
PCREINCDIR = -I/opt/csw/include
PCRELIBS = -L/opt/csw/lib -lpcre
RPATHVAL += /opt/csw/lib

# RRDtool settings
RRDDEF = -DRRDTOOL12
RRDINCDIR = -I/opt/csw/include
RRDLIBS = -L/opt/csw/lib -lrrd
RPATHVAL += /opt/csw/lib
DORRD = yes
#
# OpenSSL settings
SSLFLAGS = -DHAVE_OPENSSL -DHAVE_SSLV2_SUPPORT
SSLINCDIR = -I/opt/csw/include
SSLLIBS = -L/usr/sfw/lib -lssl -lcrypto
RPATHVAL += /usr/sfw/lib
DOSSL = yes