[Xymon] Client monitoring using customized parameters.

prasoon pbansal2 at fcsltd.com
Wed Nov 26 06:01:57 CET 2014

Hi Henrik,

I want to monitor my AIX client with locally configured monitoring
parameters instead of server based parameters. This is required for my AIX
servers running with different applications. We have different application
mount points with different size and i want to set threshold values for
mount points per server wise configured locally.

I can see only three files under /xymon/etc folder in my AIX client ;

hobbitclient.cfg

clientlaunch.cfg

localclient.cfg

After adding --local in clientlaunch.cfg below parameter, the main web page
stop to show any status of CPU,Disk and other monitoring part for this AIX
client,

   [client]

        ENVFILE $HOBBITCLIENTHOME/etc/hobbitclient.cfg

       CMD $HOBBITCLIENTHOME/bin/hobbitclient.sh --local

       LOGFILE $HOBBITCLIENTHOME/logs/hobbitclient.log

       INTERVAL 1m

I added the host entry to hobbitclient.cfg and localclient.cfg, even its not
showing any alert on server webpage for my AIX 5.2 client(axmnyz).

HOST=<axmnyz>

        UP      1h

       LOAD    5.0 10.0

       DISK    * 60 65

       MEMPHYS 100 101

       MEMSWAP 50 80

       MEMACT  90 97

Kindly assist me to know the files that need to change on Client and Server
side to make it enable and effective.

R'gs

Prasoon Bansal

UNIX Admin