[Xymon] Client-side data is received but not displayed.

Doug Anger danger at tbaisd.org
Fri Nov 14 18:51:56 CET 2014

This may be a newbie question, but I have searched the documentation and forums and not found a solution.

I have Xymon monitoring a couple dozen servers. Recently I installed the BBWin client on some of the Windows servers. In most cases this is working flawlessly. However, I have two instances where the data reported by the client is not being displayed in Xymon.

I have checked that the hostnames are correct in hosts.cfg and the client-side configuration. No clients are appearing in the Ghost Clients report.

Furthermore, I know that my Xymon server is receiving data from these clients because when I click on the conn status the "Client Data available" link appears and I can see the raw data sent by the client and received by Xymon. Except for hostname, there are no differences in configuration between the servers that display and those that don't.

I am running a standard install of Xymon 4.3.7 on Ubuntu 14.04 LTS.

Any advice or ideas would be most appreciated.

Thank you.
Doug