[Xymon] 4.3.18 acknowledge.sh coredump

Steve Brown sgb at pics.com
Thu Nov 13 01:54:40 CET 2014

I'm not sure if I'm using gdb correctly to analyze the core dump file but it looks like acknowledge.cgi can't find acknowledge.c which only exists in the directory used to untar, configure, and make.   When I view the acknowledge.c I can see "No acks requested" so that appears to be where acknowledge.cgi is pulling that from when I use the "PUT" instead of the "GET".

gdb /home/xymon/xymon/server/bin/acknowledge.cgi core.21353

Reading symbols from /home/xymon/xymon/server/bin/acknowledge.cgi...done.
[New LWP 21353]
Using host libthread_db library "/lib64/libthread_db.so.1".
Core was generated by `/home/xymon/xymon/server/bin/acknowledge.cgi --env=/home/xymon/xymon/'.
#0  0x0000000000402b7a in main (argc=<optimized out>, argv=<optimized out>)
    at acknowledge.c:392
392     acknowledge.c: No such file or directory.

(gdb) backtrace
#0  0x0000000000402b7a in main (argc=<optimized out>, argv=<optimized out>)
    at acknowledge.c:392