[Xymon] Item "PROCS" not complete

Jeremy Laidman jlaidman at rebel-it.com.au
Mon Mar 17 13:17:43 CET 2014

On 14 March 2014 21:42, Henrik Størner <henrik at hswn.dk> wrote:

> It has been reported before, and is usually caused by the client data
> containing a very long list of network connections.

Would it be possible to have xymond recognise a client data message that is
compressed and auto-decompress it?  Then we could insert a "| gzip" into
xymonclient.sh, and many of these problems would go away.

In fact, having a generic pre-processor plug-in framework could be really
useful beyond just compression.  It could perform authentication to compare
status/data message signatures against public keys (or certs) stored in a
xymon-hostkeys.cfg file, and reject messages that don't match the signing
key for a host.  A plug-in for encryption would work the same way.

Or is this something that could be achieved by writing a custom channel
handler?  I should be able to write a generic decompressor and then
instantiate it by adjusting tasks.cfg to run:

xymond_channel --channel=client --log=/var/log/xymon/clientdata.log
xymond_gunzip --log=/var/log/xymon/gunzip.log xymond_client