[Xymon] Question about client-local.cfg

Root, Paul T Paul.Root at CenturyLink.com
Mon Mar 10 04:09:30 CET 2014

My thought is that the line is too long. Like in a ps if you try to match on something that's way too long in the command line.

-----Original Message-----
From: Xymon [mailto:xymon-bounces at xymon.com] On Behalf Of J.C. Cleaver
Sent: Sunday, March 09, 2014 6:46 PM
To: Colin Coe
Cc: xymon at xymon.com
Subject: Re: [Xymon] Question about client-local.cfg

On Sun, March 9, 2014 3:47 pm, Colin Coe wrote:
> On Mon, Mar 10, 2014 at 6:38 AM, Colin Coe <colin.coe at gmail.com> wrote:
>> Hi all
>>
>> Server info:
>> Host - RHEL6.5
>> Version - 4.3.17
>> Packaged by J Cleaver (Terabithia)
>>
>> I'm having a problem with a definition in /etc/xymon/client-local.cfg.
>> ---
>> [host=dmz_ap01]
>> file:`ls -ltr /home/enmac/customer-data/CUST9100REP*CSV | tail -n 1`
>> ---
>> The problem is that Xymon reports bad (red) with the page showing
>> ---
>>  -rw-r--r-- 1 username groupname14314345 Mar 10  2014
>> /home/username/customer-data/CUST9100REP20140310002349.CSV
>> File is missing
>> ---
>> Now, the file is not missing, and Xymon is correctly showing its mode,
>> size, ownership details, etc.
>> Any ideas what I've done wrong here?
>>
>> Thanks
>>
>> CC

Hi Colin,

Well, the first (obvious) question would be whether 'enmac' or 'username'
were typos there -- or if they're not referring to the same path.
Otherwise I believe simple file globs (or their equivalent) are expected
there by logfetch and the '-l' option (ell) you're giving to 'ls' might be
confusing it. Can you try it without that?

HTH,

-jc