[Xymon] execute shell command on xymon clients

John Thurston john.thurston at alaska.gov
Tue Mar 4 18:05:38 CET 2014

On 3/4/2014 7:53 AM, deepak deore wrote:
> Has anyone any idea or thoughts on this ?
>

> On Mon, Mar 3, 2014 at 12:59 PM, deepak deore <deepakdeore2004 at gmail.com>wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> Is it possible to execute command on xymon clients and it will give reply/
>> results to the server.

I think what you are looking for are 'tasks' (In Big Brother, these sere
'ext' scripts).

" The tasks.cfg file holds the list of tasks that xymonlaunch runs to
perform all of the tasks needed by the Xymon monitor. "

You may add to this list and Xymon will run the tasks at set intervals.
You scripts may send messages to the Xymon server as part of their work.

See the man pages for the 'xymon' client syntax:
   http://www.xymon.com/xymon/help/manpages/man1/xymon.1.html

John Thurston    907-465-8591
John.Thurston at alaska.gov
Enterprise Technology Services