[Xymon] xymon-rclient.sh

Root, Paul T Paul.Root at CenturyLink.com
Thu Jul 31 17:29:28 CEST 2014

I believe FreeNas is based on FreeBSD. So that should be close.

Can you provide the output of what  I sent yesterday? That is scping the freebsd client script and running it.
That is going to provide the debugging info needed.

My guess is that the FreeBSD client script will need to be modified (and renamed) to work for FreeNas.

From: Kris Springer [mailto:kspringer at innovateteam.com]
Sent: Thursday, July 31, 2014 10:18 AM
To: Root, Paul T; Jeremy Laidman
Subject: Re: [Xymon] xymon-rclient.sh

I've modified a few things but haven't gotten any successful results.  See below.

My hosts.cfg.  I've tried (freebsd) and also (linux) with the same failed results.
1.2.3.4  freenas.domain.com        # trace ssh "RCLIENT:cmd(ssh -T -i /home/xymon/.ssh/xymon-rclient root@%{H}),ostype(freebsd)"

Log results.
Thu Jul 31 07:58:23 PDT 2014: starting /usr/lib/xymon/server/ext/xymon-rclient.sh
Thu Jul 31 07:58:23 PDT 2014
Adding hosts from hosts.cfg
Server 1 freenas.domain.com(freebsd)
Command: ssh -T -i /home/xymon/.ssh/xymon-rclient root at freenas.domain.com<mailto:root at freenas.domain.com>
Thu Jul 31 07:58:24 PDT 2014: Failed to collect data for freenas.domain.com
Thu Jul 31 07:58:24 PDT 2014: finished /usr/lib/xymon/server/ext/xymon-rclient.sh (completed 0 out of 1)
Thu Jul 31 08:03:23 PDT 2014: starting /usr/lib/xymon/server/ext/xymon-rclient.sh
Thu Jul 31 08:03:23 PDT 2014
Adding hosts from hosts.cfg
Server 1 freenas.domain.com(linux)
Command: ssh -T -i /home/xymon/.ssh/xymon-rclient root at freenas.domain.com<mailto:root at freenas.domain.com>
Thu Jul 31 08:03:24 PDT 2014: Failed to collect data for freenas.domain.com
Thu Jul 31 08:03:24 PDT 2014: finished /usr/lib/xymon/server/ext/xymon-rclient.sh (completed 0 out of 1)
I can enter the following at command line and get positive result without a password being requested from the client.
#su xymon
# ssh -T -i /home/xymon/.ssh/xymon-rclient root at freenas.domain.com<mailto:root at freenas.mydomainname.com> uname -n

Thank you.

Kris Springer