[Xymon] Roadmap of the future Xymon releases?

henrik at hswn.dk henrik at hswn.dk
Fri Jan 24 14:42:47 CET 2014

Den 2013-10-30 9:18, Carl Melgaard skrev:

> Is there any roadmap
or feature list about the next releases of Xymon? Im curious what 5.0
will bring!

IPv6 support, and a completely rewritten 'xymonnet' network
test module. This gives you a lot more information about the network
tests, and lays the foundation for moving all of the network analysis
logic out of xymonnet. So you can configure how network tests should be
analysed via "analysis.cfg", much like you do with the client data. And
all of the Xymon internal network code has been rewritten, so we can
e.g. run all of the communications over an SSL encrypted
connection.

It's currently stuck on an architectural issue with how
graph-updates are handled. I am trying to decide if I should eliminate
the current "analyze everything twice" tactic - right now, data from
clients are analysed by xymond_client which generates a status update.
The status-update is then re-analysed by xymond_rrd, picking out the
data used to generate the graph-data updates. This is stupid, and it
causes problems for the new network test code because status columns can
now be called whatever you like.