[Xymon] File check question

henrik at hswn.dk henrik at hswn.dk
Mon Jan 20 09:54:19 CET 2014

Den 15.12.2013 01:50, Galen Johnson skrev:

> Well, this sucks.
Since I'm monitoring a tmp file, it only needs to trigger if the file is
older than 15 minutes. However, if I use noexist, is squawks if it
exists, if I don't it squawks when it doesn't. Ultimately, I don't care
if it is there or not, only that it isn't older than 15 minutes if it
does exist. I'm stumped...maybe setting delayred to 20??? Anyone else
ever had to solve this?

A late response ... but:

There is an
(apparently undocumented) option for file- and log-checks. Adding
"optional" to the rule causes the check to be skipped if the file does
not exist. Sounds like this is what you need. So:

FILE /tmp/blabla
mtime>600 optional color=red

is what you are after.