[Xymon] empty ack directory

Aurélien Bras aurelien.bras at gmail.com
Fri Jan 17 15:18:03 CET 2014

Hi Xymon,

When I make acknowledge, the directory /var/lib/xymon/acks/ stay empty. It
seems to be working and alert are correctly acked from the interface, but
if I restart Xymon I lost all ack data.

Others directory have never been update, since server is in production
(more than 1 year) :

/var/lib/xymon/logs
/var/lib/xymon/disabled
/var/lib/xymon/data

When we acknowledge, web interface call acknowledge.sh, wich
call /usr/lib/xymon/server/etc/cgioptions.cfg, I verified that variables
was correctly defined :

XYMONENV=/usr/lib/xymon/server/etc/xymonserver.cfg
# ack.cgi options
CGI_ACK_OPTS="--env=$XYMONENV --no-pin"

And in /usr/lib/xymon/server/etc/xymonserver.cfg :

XYMONVAR="/var/lib/xymon"
XYMONACKDIR="$XYMONVAR/acks"
BBACKS="$XYMONACKDIR"

Logs do not show errors, in ack.log I can see a line like this :

1389963705      368129  5       368129  np_filename_not_used
 hotstest.intra.disk      yellow  test \nAcked by: aurelien (X.X.X.X)

I'm using Xymon server 4.3.10 with Debian 6.

Why theses directory stay empties ?

Regards.

Aurélien