[Xymon] xymonproxy perf issue

John Thurston john.thurston at alaska.gov
Tue Jan 14 21:26:08 CET 2014

On 1/14/2014 4:23 AM, Gautier Begin wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Last Sunday, I wanted to start a xymonproxy (vers 4.3.12) on a Solaris
> 10.5 with 900 targets . I had a performance issue:
>   - The xymonproxy process used 100% of only one CPU (no multithread seen).
>   - On the main XYMON server, data from this proxy (I have one other on
> Ubuntu with 50 targets working fine) came with difficulties (delays and
> lacks).

Is proxy the only service enabled in your tasks.cfg?

I have occasionally seen xymon run away with the processor. In some
cases I have been able to find a cause. In all cases, it has been caused
by an error in my configuration files.

Is it possible that you have defined a proxy or notification loop?

John Thurston    907-465-8591
John.Thurston at alaska.gov
Enterprise Technology Services
Department of Administration