[Xymon] xymonproxy perf issue

Gautier Begin gbegin at csc.com
Tue Jan 14 14:23:26 CET 2014

Hello,

Last Sunday, I wanted to start a xymonproxy (vers 4.3.12) on a Solaris
10.5 with 900 targets . I had a performance issue:
 - The xymonproxy process used 100% of only one CPU (no multithread seen).
 - On the main XYMON server, data from this proxy (I have one other on
Ubuntu with 50 targets working fine) came with difficulties (delays and
lacks).

I tried to used the -lqueue option for the proxy with no success.
Nothing special seen in any logs.
The UNIX admin said me that the xymonproxy was just making 'time()'
command all the time.

When I try on test env with both Solaris for proxy and server, all is ok.
So I suspect an issue of scale (nbre of targets connected on the proxy)
and multithread issue also.

Cordialement, Regards,Mit freundlichen Grüßen,

Gautier BEGIN