[Xymon] core dump

Stef Coene stef.coene at docum.org
Mon Jan 13 13:57:22 CET 2014

> Now I'm confused. You start by saying you are working on a *client*
> installation, but xymonserver.cfg refers to a *server* installation.
It is indeed for a client.
But the search logic for the config file for xymonlaunch is:
/etc/tasks.cfg
/etc/xymon-client/clientlaunch.cfg
$XYMONHOME/etc/tasks.cfg

And I think the fourth is missing:
$XYMONHOME/etc/clientlaunch.cfg

> The "/client" in the top-level Makefile during 'configure'. If you
> don't want it, then re-build the client with XYMONHOME set the way you
> want.
>
> Anyway, if you override XYMONHOME in your xymonclient.cfg or
> xymonserver.cfg, then it should work fine. The only problem that is to
> bootstrap it for xymonlaunch and xymoncmd (if you run that for commands
> not invoked through xymonlaunch). The easiest in that case is to add the
> --env and --config options for xymonlaunch / xymoncmd.
I just want to get rid of a forced /client in the path.

I found that in lib/environ.c XYMONHOME is set to BUILD_HOME.
So even if you define XYMONHOME in the top level Makefile, it's overwritten in
lib/environ.c with BUILD_HOME.
I fixed my problem by changing the Makfile in lib en client and remove "/client"
from the defintion of BUILD_HOME

Stef