[Xymon] Xymon 4.3.13: HTTPS check issues

Novosielski, Ryan novosirj at ca.rutgers.edu
Fri Jan 10 02:25:46 CET 2014

On Jan 9, 2014, at 4:20 PM, Henrik Størner <henrik at hswn.dk> wrote:

> I lean towards defaulting it to ON, and then asking admins to add a flag
> to explicitly disable SNI on those hosts that need it. As attached. Any
> comments?

I think the answer probably depends to a certain extent on the prevalence of the problem. Will most servers that are not making use of SNI work properly or not? If it’s a corner case, it’s probably fine. But if it’s a very popular configuration, it might make sense for it to default to off.

____ *Note: UMDNJ is now Rutgers-Biomedical and Health Sciences*