[Xymon] Critical Alert Log always green

Andy Smith hastymind at googlemail.com
Tue Jan 7 17:17:54 CET 2014

Hi,

I have had this problem since 4.3.4 (when it was the --nklog option for
BBGENOPTS) and not had chance to track it down.  In my site, the column and
the log are always green despite the critical view showing plenty of red.

Have just implemented 4.3.12 and find the same is still happening, but this
is on a non-production test environment with only 1 server monitored so I
am pretty sure I can rule out legacy data or misconfiguration.  So, does
anyone else see this or can anyone point to an area of configuration I have
missed?

What I have is :-
XYMONGENOPTS="--recentgifs --subpagecolumns=2 --criticallog"

and I get the critical column and the criticalstatus.log that I expected
but they do not record what I was hoping for.

Will continue faking this with curl unless someone has any suggestions?
Thanks
--
Andy