[Xymon] Cannot get custom script column back.

Hewitt, Lenny ghewit01 at harris.com
Wed Feb 12 17:34:34 CET 2014

Hi,

I'm having problems with how xymon is reporting a status and wanted to give you a step-by-step detailed description of what I did to get in the state that it is in so that it will hopefully describe what to do to fix this anomally.

I set up a custom script to monitor the status of process, more than just monitoring to see if the daemon is up or down, etc, etc.  In testing the script I used the example of the client-side script on my client.  I created the script on the clients and everything showed up on the xymon webpage and worked perfectly.  I then realized that I wanted to rename the script on the client to something better describing it.  So I proceeded to rename the script and update the clientlaunch.cfg in etc on each client to reflect the new name.  After a short period the column on the xymon website showing the status of the original name of the script went purple because that script name was not reporting anymore.  I removed this purple column by running xymon 127.0.0.1 "drop <HOSTNAME> <columname>".  The problem is I can't get the column to show back up again with the status from the newly named script that is currently configured.  The names of the columns were the same, just the script name changed.  I suspect that is why it is behaving this way but don't know what to do to fix this state that it's in.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Lenny